Welcome the New Executive Director of Friends of Park County!
This could be you or someone you know!
Executive Director Search Underway
As reported in our last update, the generous support provided by you to Friends of Park County during the July Give A Hoot campaign has allowed us to move forward with hiring an Executive Director.
Our first Director will have:
- Experience with rural land use planning and regulation.
- Experience with rural land use politics and controversies.
- Proven fund-raising success, primarily with individual donors.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- The ability to organize, administer and execute the work of the organization, including working with an active Board of Directors, Advisors and donors.
As well as several of the following credentials:
- Professional credentials or acquired experience in specializations like wildlife, ecology, real estate development, conservation easements, water quality and quantity.
- Small city and town land use planning and regulation.
- Effective public communication using social media.
- Experience with designing and executing a donor contribution campaign.
- Experience in local or state politics.
- Success in securing foundation grants.
- Established connections with national and regional nonprofit organizations or donors that could be helpful to Friends of Park County.
- Personal experience in farming, ranching or forestry.
- Familiarity with communities and residents of Park County.
We are using a rolling search process. In other words, once we find someone who meets our requirements that person will be hired.
Want to apply or to suggest someone who should?
Applicants should submit their professional resume, two writing samples and if they wish, a letter addressing their qualifications, to the Board President Ken Cochrane at [email protected]
More information about the position and application process can be found here. [LINK TO JOB ANNOUNCEMENT]